- Metallic hydrogen allows for the first room-temperature superconductor.
- Hydrogen cell technology is successfully tested in trucking and freight shipping.
- The world's first nanofoundry is set up by the People's Republic of China.
- Augmented reality glasses begin to eat away at smartphones' market share.
- North Korea invades South Korea.
- US intercedes on South Korea's behalf.
- China moves to annex Taiwan.
- Evidence of Chinese involvement in North Korean invasion.
- US & allies declare war against China.
- Russia declares war against Turkey after fatal border skirmish.
- The European Union & NATO declare war against Russia.
- US declares war against Russia in solidarity with NATO.
- US is now fighting a war on two fronts across Asia.
- US reinstates mandatory draft.
- Russia and US exchange a short series of nuclear strikes.
- China launches large scale nuclear strike on the west coast of North America.
- US answers by launching tactical nuclear strikes against Russian & Chinese military infrastructure.
- A Christmas Cease-Fire leads to peace talks in which it is agreed nuclear weapons will no longer be used.
- Peace talks break down and fighting resumes.
- No more nuclear detonations take place.
- A hemispheral Nuclear Winter obliterate crop yields.
- Fighting between western forces and Russia ends February 19th with the Treaty of Ankara
- Fighting between western forces and China ends November 6th with the Treaty of Pyongyang.
- North & South Korea are reunited under the terms of the Pyongyang Treaty.
- War reparations cripple the Russian and Chinese economies.
- The Serrano Virus wipes out 3/4 of the world's wheat farms.
- Major coastal cities are reduced by half.
- The "Bread Riots" break out across US.
- Monarch Civic Trust is founded in Kenya by a select group of the wealthiest investors from across Western Europe including Cyril St. John, Yves Durand, Ekkehardt Weber, Ronan Fitzpatrick, and Pietro Antonioni.
- Monarch rebuilds sunken Mombasa, in the process coming to own over 90% of the city.
- A "Global Emergency" is declared as over 50% of the world's fresh water sources have disappeared.
- Canada, Russia, India, and Kenya experience refugee crisis.
- Private corporations now own over 90% of all arable land and freshwater rights in the world.
- Monarch becomes the largest employer in Africa.
- Overwhelmed by the refugee crisis, nations turn to the new generation of "megacorporations" to supplement their armies, police force, and civil infrastructure.
- Those nations suffering from extreme drought begin to war with one another over water rights.
- The "Water Wars" spread across half the globe.
- Fossil fuels are phased out in order to counter global warming.
- All major coastal cities are now underwater. The sea levels have risen 25 meters since 2009.
- Global trade is disrupted as these drowned cities become a shipping hazard.
- With trade severely disrupted local corporations begin to diversify, buying up other local corporations of all kinds.
- Monarch introduces it's first experimental robotic worker.
- Apex, Sterling, and Atlantica merge to form Polaris.
- The majority of the human race now lives in megacities run by corporations.
- The United Nations passes the "Corporate Sovereignty Act" granting a dozen corporations the ability to make and enforce laws on land that they own the rights to.
- Robotic workers are introduced throughout corporate controlled areas.
- Global Unemployment hits an all-time high with governments scrambling to provide basic assistance.
- The first cybernetic brain to network interface is installed successfully in a human being.
- The G9 summit in Midgard marks the signing of the inter-corporate trade agreement.
- A breakthrough in nanomachine technology leads the Atlas company to announce a cure for genetic disease.
- Monarch introduces a nanomachine cure for cancer.
- Bharat, Garud, and Vajra corporations merge to form Essar-Adani
- Hana-Shen-Nakatomi and Seburo-Arasaka merge to form the ASPARI (Asian PAcific RIm) Syndicate.
- Interactive Holographics are introduced by Polaris Corporation.
- Private corporate police and military forces outnumber state authorities 3 to 1.
- India begins the "Unification Wars" against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, and Khalistan.
- East Turkestan is officially recognized by the UN following the collapse of the People's Republic of China.
- The water-rich eastern Congo declares it's independence, choosing the name "New Zaire".
- The Info-Socialist Society (ISS) announces it's presence with the bombing of Polaris' mag rail.
- Perseus, the world's first true AI, is born in the labs of Monarch headquarters.
- New Zaire Annexes Rwanda and Burundi.
- The United Nations dissolves following an argument about the role of drought nations in policy making.
- A civil war breaks out after Somalia agrees to allow Monarch to manage their farming program.
- Since its first appearance , the ISS has taken credit for over two dozen attacks on corporate holdings.
- Essar-Adani builds a coastal spaceport south of Sri Lanka, launching the first manned mission to Mars.
- Perseus, the Monarch AI, has grown to manage the entire New Mombasa transit system.
- Monarch begins work on the world's first space elevator off the coast of Mogadishu, with the announced plans to found the first human colony on the moon.
- Following Sudan's anti-megacorp laws, Monarch lobbies South Sudan to renege on their water contract with Sudan and instead supply the corporate friendly nation of Chad.
- Sudan declares war on South Sudan.
- Chad makes a pact with South Sudan to
- AsPaRi completes construction of the world's first fusion power plant in Manchuria.
- The great Helium3 rush begins as fuel for new fusion technology.
- The African Liberation Army (ALA) takes over Nairobi, beginning a year long siege against Monarch forces.
- The Atlas Fusion Reactor in Sevastopol overloads and killing 100,000 Atlas employees.
- Atlas claims sabotage by AsPaRi agents.
- AsPaRi farms on Borneo suffer an outbreak of destructive wheat viruses.
- A central AsPaRi meat cloning plant is lethally contaminated. Hundreds die before it can be recalled.
- This marks a new wave of corporate espionage.
- A hacker calling themselves 4L4DD1N becomes famous after the suicide of a high ranking Executive Vice President following the blackmail and subsequent public exposure of their illegal sexual habits.